Hey! Long time no talk! Its my fault I know, but its the end of my summer and I have been spending it with the people I love, enjoying some good me time and binge Scandal (I’m currently in season 4, about mid-season, and I don’t want Fitz and Oliva together, weird? I love Jake, but still don’t know the truth if he killed you know who, so don’t tell me!).
So I today I thought I would share with you something so easy that paired so well with the mahi-mahi fish tacos I made for dinner.
PICO DE GALLO
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 lime
- 1 jalapeno
- Onion powder
- Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- I diced the tomatoes in small pieces and when all the tomatoes were cut up I would grab a handful a time and squeeze the tomatoes in my hand before putting it in the bowl so it doesn’t turn out super juicy like salsa.
- Then I diced up the onion like the tomatoes and added to the mix.
- Dice the jalapeno and garlic clove fine so it spreads evenly through the dip.
- Then shred the cilantro with a fork to take off the steam, the diced fine as well and add to mix. I used about 3/4 of the bunch in the mix, but I had a smaller amount, use what you like.
- Then mix everything together and add the S+P, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar and lime juice. I just sprinkled the seasonings in, just make sure not to over do it because the pico will have to sit for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator for the flavors to soak together. You can always add more of what you want later.
CONGRATS! You made the most simple pico de gallo, and very tasty too!
Well that’s all for tonight because I’m tired after yoga class tonight and to be honest I think the heat has gotten to me the past couple days because I am just so tired. 2 more months until we get some nicer weather and it can’t come faster!
Until next time my girl scouts.