Good day my fellow readers! I see a lot of “Get to know me” posts when I am scrolling through the people I follow, and I think they look like fun so I wanted to do one myself. My mind thought where should I get the questions from? Pretending like I don’t know any of you (well I actually don’t know a lot of my readers, but comment on my post and maybe we can get to know each other 🙂 ) what is the most common way people get to know each other? Then it clicked, FIRST DATES. I personally go on many dates, but not first ones, however I do see a lot of them at my work! So naturally I googled “First date Questions”, and eHarmony popped up, other blogging sites and then the site I choose to get my questions from, Cosmopolitan.
So lets pretend that we are on a date, or a social outing! Most likely getting a cup of coffee, because that is what I am drinking right now and let’s get to know each other!
- If you could travel anywhere, right now, where would you go? – Right now I would say, Ireland, to see all the castles! and the green, they have awesome accents too! If you asked me this in October, I would say Germany for Oktober Fest! For the love of Schnitzel!
- What’s something I wouldn’t guess about you? – My husband and I have a pet corn snake, Rusty, or so we thought, then Rusty started laying unfertilized eggs. So Rusty turned out to be a Rosie!
- Whats your dream job? – oooooo, I would love to do interior design, I love putting furniture together and color patterns. My apartment looks pretty nice for being 22 and not having a lot of money. It’s all about the savings and finding cool things here and there.
- If you didn’t have to work to support yourself, how would you spend your time? – I would love to volunteer for the Humane Society, I love being with animals. I would read a lot too, spend lots of time outdoors and traveling. Oh and lots of yoga, I have never felt better since I started going to classes.
- What appeals to you most about living here? – Honestly, If I wasn’t here for school, I probably wouldn’t be living here. I spent my whole life in this state, I am ready to learn something new. I would love to live somewhere cloudy and less hot, natural flowing water, GREEN with life all around. I hate that we go weeks without having a could in the sky, I am so sick of everything brown, and honestly the people aren’t very nice here. I am ready for something new. I am ready for an adventure.
- What are your favorite TV shows? – OH this will be fun, Greys Anatomy, Friends, That 70’s Show, Sherlock, GAME OF THRONES, Gossip Girl, Scandal, Daredevil, The Defenders (and all the other super hero shows that go along with it.) , Flash, Property Brothers, Gilmore Girls, The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, I love Ellen, but never get to see her show because it’s on at a weird time of day. What do you like? I have a list of shows to watch when school is over again.
- What do you like to read? – I love to read anything that keeps my interest, fantasy, romantic novels, travel, mystery (crime solvers). If I finish it in one day you know its good!
- Who has been the most influential person in your life? – Narrowing it down to one person would be very hard for me, I have love for everyone who has influenced me to become my own person. I have taken in all advise from all the people I have met in my life and used it, how I think is necessary. I love you all.
- Do you still keep in touch with childhood friends? – Hmm when you mean childhood, do you mean elementary school? I will assume yes, so then yes! Her name is Nicole and we have been friends since kindergarten, besides her I don’t talk to anyone, I went to a different school starting 7th grade so I lost touch.
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you have ever done? – Well my sister, mother and I made a spontaneous trip to Cali on weekend to go to this Cannon Camera workshop they have at the Carlsbad flower gardens. On the way there we were talking about how crazy it would be if we all came back with tattoos. Needless to say when we got to OB, we were walking through all their fun shops and passed by a tattoo shop and HECK we all got matching tattoos! (This is one of my favorite pictures of my sister and I)
- Can you tell me about your family? – I have lots of family! Old, New and a ton that I am not even related to! I have like 3 sets of awesome parents, and LOTS of siblings, truly couldn’t be anymore thankful for who is in my life.
- Tell me about your friends? – “We carry sizes 1, 3, 5, you can try Sears.” ~Mean Girls. My closest friends and I quote mean girls all day long, have the best get togethers and eat until we are blue in the face. I make friends everywhere I go, it drives my husband nuts sometimes because I have to talk to everyone.
- What were you like as a child? – In my wee years, I was the only child, I lived a great life playing with the neighbors, I played sports, and I had my best friend by my side who was my sister by choice. We wore matching outfits and everything. Yes, its Nicole from the picture above.
- Is there anything you are really passionate about? – I’m passionate about being true to myself, today people are so worried about impressing people, getting the most likes on social media, even if its them hurting themselves, or others. I think what we all need in this life is kindness and honesty, because we all lack so much of it. Be you, be true.
- What is the worst pickup line you have ever heard or dished out? (I asked my husband’s help for this one.) – “How you doin’ “, We were watching Friends when I asked him and I said he couldn’t use that, but his response was cute, “Well I don’t pick up girls, but If I were to pick you up I would say, How you doin’, because I know what you like.” It was super cute in the moment. What can I say, I’m IN LOVE with my husband.
I glad we did this maybe we should do it again sometime!
Oh and I wanted to add that I actually learned to braid my own hair and it only took 22 years! It’s not perfect, I am still trying to figure out how to make the end tighter, but I will master it with practice!
I hope you guys all have such a great day!
“Be you, be true” E. Little
(Since I just made this up, I am copy writing. I can now be quoted.)
I love you all, Hippies.
(P.S. I finished writing this at night because I am so busy, and I asked Austin to bring me home dessert, and this is one of the reason why I married him because he knows how much I love red velvet! Ugh, such a good way to end my night!)