Happy day! Happy day!
Well not so happy day actually! Yesterday I went to the store to find out the last best coffee they carry is not on clearance close out! What?! A couple of months ago they got rid of my first favorite and now they are getting rid of my second favorite! I’m in shock! So now I will have to buy them out of all their coffee and keep it stock piled in my pantry!So if you see it, I would buy some before its gone forever!
So you wanna know what this Tikki lá Chick Pea is all about? Let me tell you, it is so good! I will have to say I was going to make the beans from scratch, when I first went to make it I had the beans soaking in the fridge for a day, but then I got really sick and didn’t get to finish making the beans. When I was finally feeling better, the beans were bad and didn’t feel like waiting another day to make it, so I did take the easy way out and bought canned beans. Honestly, if you’re looking to make a quick dinner the canned is the way to go because this recipe takes no time to make!
So this is what you’ll need:
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 long carrots
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 dash cayenne
- A couple dashes of chili powder
- 1 cup water
- Dried basil and oregano to your liking (fresh basil would be good too)
- 1-2 cups cooked rice
- Jalapeños (optional- I used half of one)
Alright here we go:
- On medium heat add olive oil, diced garlic and onion to pan and cook for 3 minutes or so.
- Then add died tomatoes, peppers, carrots and jalapeños and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked down.
- Add the can of garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed really well) and also add all the seasonings to the mix! Careful with the spice, I accidentally made mine pretty spicy so watch it! Unless you like your mouth on fire 🙂
- Now add the cup of water and coconut milk to the mix along with the tomato paste. Let it simmer and boil down to create a ticker mixture.
Serve over rice! YUM!
This was a new fan favorite in my house, and if you practice the eating of meat then I think adding shrimp or chicken would be super yummy with this!
I still have been doing this vegetarian thing and honestly I love it! I am making such good food that I see no reason of cooking meat.
I hope you are having the best first day to the New Year! I know I am.
Stay whimsical my Wildflowers,